Fuel Your Brain –
with Healthy Trail Mix
This recipe prepares a hearty granola snack using goji, blueberry, dates, walnuts, and oats. Enjoy with a cup of green tea (hot or cold) sweetened with a little raw honey. Make a big batch for the week to help satisfy those mid-afternoon munchies! Store in the fridge.
- 1/2 cup dried goji berries
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried chopped dates
- 1 cup walnut pieces (or 1/2 cup of both walnuts and pecans)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Toast oats: heat a frying pan over medium heat, add oats and toast for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Do not burn.
- Put oats in a large bowl and add goji berries, blueberries, dates, nuts.
- Store in an airtight container and in the fridge.
- Serving size: 1/4 cup.