As a Naturopathic Physician Dr. Lisa follows these Principles and uses the therapeutic order to help patients prevent disease and when disease is present, helps to restore the body back to its natural state.
THE HEALING POWER OF NATURE – VIS MEDICATRIX NATURAE
Naturopathic medicine recognizes and trusts the bodies inherent wisdom to heal itself.
1. Determinants of Health: Find the cause of dis-ease in the body.
2. Stimulate Self Healing: Support the bodies natural healing mechanism through diet and lifestyle changes including reducing inflammation in the body.
3. Support and Restore: Aid in regeneration of damaged system and restoring the body back to its natural state.
4. Structural Integrity: Soft tissue, massage, and spinal manipulation therapies
5. Natural Treatment: Herbal medicine and supplementation
6. Synthetic Treatment: Prescriptive medications are used when more subtle and natural therapies aren’t enough
7. Surgical Types of Therapies: When more subtle therapies and pharmaceuticals no longer work and more invasive treatments are necessary such as chemotherapy and radiation as well as surgery.